Happy Saturday to you. Sharing my favorite red pesto sauce with you today. Easy to make and you can store in the fridge, or separate evenly in icecube containers and freeze.
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
3 cups fresh basil leaves
3 -4 cloves fresh garlic
1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put in a food processor or blender, blend the tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Add the nuts and 1/4 cup olive oil; blend well.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper; blend well.
- You can store in the fridge, or separate evenly in icecube containers and freeze.
- The avocado is rolled in chopped pistachios.